It is not always easy for children to reach out for emotional support, that is why we:
- assist children to understand their emotions better
- to feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- to support them in building emotional resilience
Many children go through tough times just like adults and in those moments, the smallest acts of kindness can make a big difference. We spread kindness in school through our ‘bucket filling’ challenge, which also encourages our children to be kind to themselves.
Our pupils know that if they are experiencing ‘big, difficult feelings’ such as; anger, anxiety or sadness that are not going away, they can:
- send their worry away by putting it into our school ‘worry beehive’
- talk to their class teacher
- a friend
- someone at home
- speak to Mrs Smith, our Emotional Literacy Support Assistant.