Parent / Carer Support
The support of parents and carers is also important to us. We believe that parents/carers are the most knowledgeable about their child, but being a parent is tough and sometimes we can all experience difficult and challenging circumstances.
Mrs Smith has recently received accreditation by The Centre for Fun and Families and will shortly be running a parent support programme. The aim of the workshops is to help members with their difficulties by providing:
- A safe place to share views and feelings
- The opportunity to look at some possible reasons for difficult behaviours
- A chance to share ideas and approaches that have helped others
- A place to work out personal solutions to worrying behaviours
- A focus on communication and listening skills
- The opportunity to develop strategies that can help
- The chance to enjoy some laughter along the way
Mrs Smith will be at parents evening for you to find out more. Please come and have a chat, she will be taking names of people who are interested and suitable times that you would be available to attend the programme.