Personal Development (PSED)
At Elizabeth Woodville Primary School, we pride ourselves on a whole school approach to promoting the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical developments of our pupils. Recent studies show that education and health are very closely linked. So promoting the health and wellbeing of all pupils within school, has the potential to improve their educational outcomes, along with preparing them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
Our Aims and Values for Personal Development and Wellbeing are:
- Develop lively enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity
- Have high self-esteem through respect for themselves, others and the environment
- Communicate effectively
- Develop a strong awareness of their own health and well-being
Teaching a Growth Mindset is built into everyday learning at Elizabeth Woodville Primary School and supports our children to:
- take on challenges
- push themselves outside of their comfort zone
- continue making improvements through perseverance
- to believe in themselves
Having a Growth Mindset (rather than a Fixed Mindset) inspires people to be happy and successful. Which is exactly what we want for our children!